Location: The History Center in Tompkins County, 401 E. State Street, Suite 100, Ithaca, NY, 14850
Date: Through February 18th, 2017
Cost: Free and Open to the Public
Contact: For more information, please contact Community@TheHistoryCenter.net.
Tompkins County is well known for its educational institutions. What is less known is its rich industrial history. From its earliest days it has been the home of inventors and entrepreneurs - people who laid the commercial foundation of a prosperous community. From grist mills to high tech, local enterprise has encompassed world renowned guns, iron bridges, calendar clocks, steam engines, drive chains, and much more. This broad survey takes a look at the long sweep of enterprise in Tompkins County, from its earliest days to the 21st century.
Programs related to the exhibit:
Entrepreneurs: Then and Now
Saturday, January 14th, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (at The History Center)
First Friday Gallery Night. Ithaca Beer Co.: The Spirit of Finger Lakes
Friday, February 3rd, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Ithaca Beer Co. presentation starts at 6:00 PM (at The History Center)
Panel discussion "Businesses in our Midst that Value Place"
Saturday, February 4th, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (at The History Center)
Makerspace Program & Ithaca Generator
Saturday, February 18th, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (at The History Center)
Find more programs at thehistorycenter.net/calendar.
- Dino EGGstravaganza at the Museum of the Earth
- Summer Camp at the Cayuga Nature Center
- Toys: The Inside Story at the Sciencenter
- Empathy Academy: Social Practice and the Problem of Objects
- Darwin Days 2017: Exploring Human Evolution
- "Made in Tompkins County: A Timeline of Local Enterprise" Exhibition
- You Are Here: Exploring Human Evolution: Exhibit Opening and Gallery Night
- * 2013 * 2014 * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 *